Abstracts preparation, submission procedures and poster presentation
Instructions for authors
- The abstract must be written in English.
- It cannot have more than 350 words (including title, authors, affiliations, keywords and acknowledgements).
- Use Calibri font, size 15 for the title, 13 for authors’ names, 10 for affiliation and 12 for the abstract, keywords and acknowledgments.
- Use single space between lines.
- Use center text alignment for the title, authors’ names and affiliation. The abstract, keywords and acknowledgment should be justified text.
- The abstract should be written in A4 sheet size, with top, bottom, left and right margins of 2.5 cm.
- It should start with the title, written in bold and the first character uppercase.
- The authors’ names should begin by the last name (only the first letter should be capitalized) followed by the initials (uppercase letters, with no space between them). The authors’ names should be separated by comma. The author who will be presenting the work should have his/her name underlined. At the end of each name, a reference number should be inserted as superscript for affiliations (e.g. Storch TT1, Finatto T2, Pegoraro C3).
- Just after the authors’ names, the affiliation should contain the Institution of each author and the e-mail of the author who will present the work.
- Do not leave paragraph indent level; do not include citations, references, tables or figures.
- One may include keywords and acknowledgements (optional).
- Keywords should be written in bold, with only the first letter capitalized. Maximum of five keywords, distinct from the title.
- Acknowledgments (optional) should be written in bold, with only the first letter capitalized. Insert only the financial support agency.
- One blank line should be left after title, authors, affiliations, abstract, keyword and acknowledgement.
Click here and download the abstract template.
Rules for abstract submission
- The deadline for abstract submission is indicated at the XVI CBFV website.
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically through the Abstract Submission System, at the website of XVI CBFV, in Participant Guidelines and then, Paper Submission. If there are any questions, please contact the Organizing Committee through the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Paper Submission System select the area of interest in which the abstract will be presented. Also, select the preferential form to present the abstract (poster or oral):
- Plant growth and development
- Primary and secondary metabolism
- Water relations
- Plant nutrition
- Crop physiology
- Biotic interactions
- Post-harvest physiology
- Stress physiology
- Authors will receive a confirmation of abstract submission by e-mail.
- The Scientific Committee of the XVI CBFV will revise the abstracts and reviews will be sent by e-mail to the authors.
- The submissions indicated for oral presentation will be selected by the Scientific Committee. The corresponding author will be informed of the decision and will receive instructions on how to prepare his/her presentation.
- Each registration fee allows submission of only ONE abstract.
- The author submitting the abstract is responsible for inaccuracies about the spelling of the co-authors names and authorization of co-authorship.
- The abstract will be registered only after the registration payment is received.
- Abstracts sent by fax or post will not be accepted.